Sunday, April 5, 2015

Go Have Some Fun on the Day We Call Easter!







It's nice to take a day off every once in a while and completely disconnect from all your tasks and to-do lists. Certainly, there is no place for fun on a to-do list. Fun just happens, so go ahead and make it happen today! Large scale holidays like Easter or Christmas are an awesome opportunity for relaxing without feeling guilty, because everybody around is basically doing just that. Normally, on such occasions, I have no regrets indulging in my favorite sugary desserts or other high-carb foods that I don't usually eat. This year, however, I really don't feel like it. There is no righteousness or discipline behind this, just the fact that I don't seem to get much pleasure from sugar anymore. 

I'm not going to count calories today, nor my protein or veggie intake. I will still go to the gym because this is something that I enjoy a lot and cannot picture a fun day without it. I will cheat on my diet, but only mildly. You know, there are some foods that are outrageously bad, like sugar. And others, like honey or dried fruit, which are not the optimal health choice but are definitely not the biggest nutritional villains either. So I've prepared the following Easter menu, which contains some sub-optimal, though not disastrously bad choices: Chinese dumplings; udon with dashi, poached eggs and scallions; organic and preservative-free nachos with salsa verde; black sesame pudding with honey and coconut milk; fresh fruit; sangria, Japanese beer and roasted coconut drinks. That's a lot of carbs for one day, but, the good (or bad) part is that this whole thing lasts for one day only.

One of my favorite sayings is that you shouldn't give up what you want most for what you want right now. However, sometimes, it pays off to focus on the now and just do whatever feels good, rather than what should be done.

Have a happy Easter, everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment